Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homemade Seed Kit

The boys helped me glue some of this together. It took some time, about an hour. We included about 15 kinds of seeds, and gave this to my In-Laws who garden.


What you need:

construction paper, glue, deco tape (you can use regular), small box (we used the bottom of a pop tart box), seeds

Wrap the box with brown paper. We added 2 dividers that looked like soil, made them higher than the outside of the box. We added sprouts, flowers, and signs. It went into 3 sections: flowers, herbs, and fruits and veggies.
For each envelope, we added pictures. Fold paper strips in half, but leaving a lip for the envelope to close. Then fold about a half inch on the ends, invert the sides and glue. Add seeds once glue dries, tape envelope closed. Voila!
I figured I'd add this. I'm not sure whodunit, but I guess they couldn't figure out how to unwrap the cheese and just gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment