Monday, December 12, 2011

Sneak Peak: Christmas Presents

If you're expecting gifts from us, I'd close this browser tab right about now if I were you. If you're looking for a cute homemade Christmas gift to make for others, keep reading!

I found a really simple homemade cocoa recipe a while back. I wish I could give credit, but it's been so long since I saved this. I'm sorry.

Hot Chocolate Mix (20 gifts)
3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1½ cups cocoa powder (Dutch-processed preferred, but regular okay)
1½ cups white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
¼ teaspoon salt

1. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chocolate is finely ground. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
2. To make hot cocoa, put 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk. Top with whipped cream or miniature marshmallows.

* I got about 15 out of this recipe. I split the mix into 5 cups (3- 1/3 servings)
I found some really cute mismatched Christmas mugs at a thrift store, printed off some free Japanese stationary for instructions, and bought cute Christmas marshmallows.

Next up... tea time!
I mixed up 8 different kinds of Tazo tea bags for this gift. I cut felt strips, felt tea tags, felt stars, and green yarn.
I tied one felt strip into a double knot over another felt strip. I then glued the (green in this photo) strip behind the packs.
I glued the stars onto the tags and attached strings. Then tied them to the top felt strip.
So it looks like that!
Here's all of them together.
Place in a mug, and instant gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment