Friday, May 11, 2012

We're back! (update)

Just a quick note to let everyone know we're still around. I realized that a lot of posts were reading lists, and with us reading about 5 books a day, I've decided it's too time-consuming to do those posts. We're wrapping up their preschool year and keeping busy with school projects. There's been plenty of painting, playing with sand and play-doh, a lot of stuff that makes for boring posts, so we haven't had much to share.
We did start a garden. I let the boys help me with planting corn, sunflowers, sweet peppers, jalapenos, lettuce, gladiolas, cosmos, and other wildflowers. I let them fill up empty yogurt cups, with scores cut into the bottoms, with soil. Then I gave them some marigold seeds that I picked from last years blooms to plant into the cups, and then they watered them. We're still waiting for sprouts any day. Our lettuce is growing the fastest of everything. K can't wait to have a fresh salad, but it's a little early yet.
Today we made fresh fruit salad with strawberries, bananas and blueberries with low-fat vanilla yogurt and low-fat chocolate whipped yogurt for dip. It was a hit.
So besides staying busy and eating healthy, not much has been going on. We took the boys to see The Lorax last month, and to our surprise, they made it all the way through the movie. L even clapped at the end! Very surprising, since he has Sensory Processing Disorder (lowest in the autism spectrum, below Asperger's), and he can't sit still for extended periods of time. But he managed, and really liked the movie. I think they were excited to see another Ice Age movie coming out soon.
Mom has still been studying chemistry. We're planning to move to Hawaii (check out our other blog Pittsburgh-to-Hilo) in about 4 years. I plan to study geology when I get there, so in the meantime, I'm studying my butt off! That way, once in Hawaii, I can just relax and not stress about learning (just tests and essays). I have to relearn chemistry, physics and math, plus tack on earth sciences (that's the easy part!). I thought chemistry would have been my biggest concern. Turns out, it's going to be math, since the only math I've done in the last 10 years is balance my checkbook. So that's been keeping me out of the blogosphere as well.
I'll try to do more interesting posts soon. I'm always on the lookout for new things to make. I'll also try to start including some soy-free recipes in the future since I'm now allergic to soy. Be sure to follow us to stay updated!

1 comment:

  1. Pam,

    Have you checked out education.com...I have a free account there, might be some really cool ideas for the boys to create. That's where we got the glove idea for Andi at Halloween.

    Kiley

    ReplyDelete