I can bake and make things in a crock pot. I cannot make great chicken dishes. That is my curse, I suppose. Here's a super simple recipe that I make at least once a week. I change up the recipe depending on access to ingredients (I am a busy Mom!) I hope you enjoy it!
1 to 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
2 14-15 oz cans of pinto beans
1 can of your choice of diced tomatoes (with or without chiles), tomato sauce, or tomato paste (cut paste with water)
1/2 chopped medium onion, or 1 tsp onion powder
2 chopped jalapenos or fresh pepper of choice
1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp molasses
1 garlic clove or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ancho chile pepper
Put all of the ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high up to 5 hours, depending on if beef is frozen, thawed, or cooked. Serve over cooked macaroni noodles with shredded cheddar, and jalapeno corn muffins.
This chili has a decent medium kick to it. You can change the amount of peppers to vary heat.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
I'm ever so busy, but I somehow manage to come up with new ideas! I came up with this truly unique twitter account. It's called "We Lived In A Time," and it's a sentence that starts off with aforementioned. Some can make you sad, but they're meant to inspire you to change the situation for the better. I'm really looking for people to share this and to add to the collection. Hopefully, a publisher may take interest. If you want to submit yours, use the hashtags #WLIAT #WeLivedInATime. Here are some that I've already written.
- We lived in a time when you could get from Point A to Point B in the rain and not get wet.
- We lived in a time when states had more people on welfare than people earning wages.
- We lived in a time when you could real time converse with a loved one half way around the world.
- We lived in a time when locking your keys in the car isn't such a big deal if you had the right technology.
- We lived in a time when women could be in combat.
- We lived in a time when public places didn't have recycle and compost bins, and stores used disposable bags.