Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crock Pot Chili

I can bake and make things in a crock pot. I cannot make great chicken dishes. That is my curse, I suppose. Here's a super simple recipe that I make at least once a week. I change up the recipe depending on access to ingredients (I am a busy Mom!) I hope you enjoy it!

1 to 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
2 14-15 oz cans of pinto beans
1 can of your choice of diced tomatoes (with or without chiles), tomato sauce, or tomato paste (cut paste with water)
1/2 chopped medium onion, or 1 tsp onion powder
2 chopped jalapenos or fresh pepper of choice
1 1/2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp molasses
1 garlic clove or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ancho chile pepper

Put all of the ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high up to 5 hours, depending on if beef is frozen, thawed, or cooked. Serve over cooked macaroni noodles with shredded cheddar, and jalapeno corn muffins.
This chili has a decent medium kick to it. You can change the amount of peppers to vary heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment